Being severely injured in an accident is one of the worst things that can happen in a person’s lifetime. These serious injury accidents often happen with little warning and leave the victim with catastrophic injuries which can have life-altering consequences. Even though the initial injury is devastating enough, victims can be buried under piles of medical care debt and the burden of lost wages as they fight to recover from the accident. This can be especially hard to bear when the accident occurred because of another person’s negligent or reckless behavior.
If you have been seriously injured because of another person’s actions, you may have a right to compensation to help cover the heavy burden of your medical bills and the cost of recovery. However, insurance companies understand just how expensive your personal injury claim may be and will do whatever they can to undercut the amount of compensation you receive. Their initial offer will likely not cover the true cost of your recovery and not take into account the long-term expenses and the effect this accident may have on your future earning potential. At Injury Victim Lawyers, we will not accept this attempt to provide you with less than you deserve.
At Injury Victim Lawyers, we are committed to you and your recovery. You deserve to have your case heard and to receive the compensation you deserve after being injured in an accident that was not your fault. We will actively review your case and consult with experts in each stage of the legal proceeding to guarantee that your rights are protected. We work every day to ensure you receive the compensation you need to fully recover and move forward with your life after suffering in a terrible accident.
When you have been injured in an accident caused by another person’s negligence, your focus should be on your recovery, not on a complex legal fight. Our team of lawyers is here to defend you and your rights. With our years of experience, we will fight for you every step of the way so you can begin to heal and move forward. If you are ready to win the compensation you deserve, please contact our experienced personal injury attorneys today for a free consultation about your case.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Personal injury cases cover a wide variety of injuries, from severe to catastrophic and even fatal. You can be injured in a car or home, at a workplace or business, and even in your own yard. No matter the severity or location, our experienced personal injury attorneys know how to defend your case and ensure you have the strongest defense possible. Our team handles all kinds of personal injury cases, including:
- Car Accidents: Automobile accidents are a common cause of personal injury accidents. We use these vehicles so often in our everyday life and everyone is vulnerable to their devastating impacts. Hundreds of thousands of people are injured in car accidents every year across the United States, and too many of these victims are left to cover thousands of dollars in medical expenses and lost wages. If you have been injured in a car accident, you may have a right to compensation
- Truck Accidents: Trucks may be a vital part of our economy but they can also be a deadly threat to our roadways when they crash. Their sheer size can wreak havoc on smaller vehicles if they are involved in an accident. For those unfortunate enough to be in an accident with an 18-wheeler or a semi-truck, the consequences can be life-threatening, if not deadly.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycle riders are one of the most vulnerable drivers on our nation’s roads. Protected by only a helmet and a few layers of clothing, they often suffer catastrophic injuries in accidents and can leave the scene of a crash with broken bones, severe road rash, and internal bleeding that may prove fatal. The severity of these crashes means it is all the more important that the compensation covers the true cost of recovery.
- Bus Accidents: Bus crashes can involve multiple people and can result in multiple injuries or fatalities. Young children in school buses can also be the victims of these types of terrible accidents. Buses do not require riders to wear seat belts, subsequently removing a source of protection, and their size and large blind spots endanger other drivers. Victims in bus accidents can suffer significant injuries that may require years of medical attention and care. There may be multiple parties who are liable for a bus accident, which significantly complicates matters.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians have no protection against a full-sized vehicle. Anytime there is an incident involving a pedestrian and a car, the pedestrian will always be on the losing end of the accident. Pedestrian accidents can occur anywhere, including crosswalks, sidewalks, and bridges. While the driver of the automobile is often unhurt in these accidents, the pedestrian may suffer severe injuries and possibly even be killed.
- Bike Accidents: Bicycles share the road with larger cars and trucks on a daily basis. More and more people are opting to ride their bikes instead of driving their cars all across the United States. While we all wish this could be done safely, bicycle accidents happen far too often in our communities. Over 45,000 bike accidents occur every year. While the number of accidents has been on the decline, they are proving to be more fatal as cars become faster and bikes become more prevalent on our roads. Bike accident injuries can be as minor as a few cuts and bruises and a few broken bones, to more severe injuries that include traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injuries that could end up resulting in death.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents: Every year, there are more than eight million people who are injured in a slip-and-fall accident. When this accident occurs because of poor maintenance like failing to clean up a spill or a poor design, injured victims can seek out compensation to help cover the cost of recovery.
- Workplace Accidents: We all hope that the place of business that we work in is a safe environment where we do not have to worry about being seriously injured or suffering a catastrophic accident. When a workplace is managed in a way that makes it dangerous to employees, injured employees have a legal right to seek compensation and fight for their right to have the cost of their injuries covered.
- Defective Products: Dangerous toys, tools, and cars tend to garner a lot of media attention and for good reason. These defective products can severely damage our loved ones and ourselves. When a product is improperly designed, manufactured, or distributed, those injured by the product should not have to cover the cost of their recovery themselves.
- Medical Malpractice: Doctors and other medical professionals are supposed to protect and care for us. When we visit them, we place our faith and our trust in their expertise and assume they will do what is best for us. This, unfortunately, is not always the case. Sometimes, medical professionals make mistakes that seriously harm their patients. These damages can occur immediately or years after receiving care, but, regardless of the timing, patients have a legal right to compensation.
- Dog Bites: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), every year there are more than 800 thousand dog bites that require medical attention in the United States. These incidents can be both severely damaging to the victim, as well as traumatic. Victims of dog bites are often left with a deep-seated fear of dogs that causes anxiety attacks. The injuries suffered in dog attacks can range from minor to catastrophic and sometimes result in death. Dogs that have a history of violence or who owners took inadequate steps to secure are the most common source of dog bite injuries.
- Nursing Home Abuse: We love our elderly family members and want what is best for them and their care. For many families, this means moving their loved ones into a nursing home where their loved one can receive the care and attention they deserve in their “golden years.” While this was done with the best intentions, not all nursing homes care for our loved ones in the way they promised. Some homes deny care, while others actively abuse those under their care and supervision. Your elderly loved ones should not be subject to this abuse and our nursing home abuse attorneys can help hold those responsible accountable.
- Construction Accident: Construction sites can be some of the most dangerous places to work. While the construction industry accounts for only 4% of the workforce, 21% of deaths in the workplace occur on construction sites. Those are staggering numbers. The constantly moving components and heavy equipment can be the perfect recipe for catastrophic and even fatal accidents. For a worker or anyone who is injured on a construction site, there are precise legal steps that must be taken to ensure that you collect the compensation you need to recover fully from your injuries.
- Premises Liability: When someone fails to safely maintain their home or business, they are foregoing their duty of care due to everyone entering their property. Poorly maintained walkways or yards, dilapidated staircases, and wet or snow-covered floors are some of the most common sources of injuries on another’s property. Property owners have a legal responsibility to ensure the safety of their visitors, and when they fail to do so, they can be liable for the injuries another person suffers.
Legal Help After Suffering a Personal Injury Accident
Personal injury accidents occur hundreds of times every day across the country. Millions of people suffer some kind of injury that is caused because of someone else’s careless, reckless, or negligent actions. When this occurs, you may be entitled to compensation for injuries and losses.
The attorneys at Injury Victim Lawyers are skilled and dedicated to making sure that all of our clients have the best possible representation available to them to ensure that they are fairly compensated for their injuries, the medical bills from treatment of their injuries, lost wages, and sometimes we are able to get them compensation for pain and suffering.
We are committed to your recovery and long-term health. If you were injured in an accident that was no fault of your own or another person’s recklessness caused your pain and suffering contact an experienced personal injury attorney at Injury Victim Lawyers today to discuss your injury accident and find out if you have the right to file a claim. You should not have to cover the cost of your recovery, and our team of attorneys will hold the responsible party accountable for the injuries they caused you.
While our team handles the legal battle, you can focus on what matters; you, your family, and your health. We will oversee every step of your personal injury case from start to finish and we will fight for your rights throughout it all. The insurance companies want you to settle for far less than your case is actually worth. Do not be left with thousands in medical bills you cannot pay. Contact Injury Victim Lawyers today to speak with a skilled personal injury attorney about your injury accident.
Type of Compensation Available to Injury Victims
After suffering a personal injury, your first concern should always be receiving medical care. But for many Americans, this can quickly lead to exorbitant medical expenses. For many injured victims, they are also unable to work, adding further financial strain to an already costly experience. This can be especially frustrating when you know the accident was caused by someone else’s negligence. A personal injury claim can help you secure the compensation you need to recover without descending into insurmountable debt. You can be compensated for the following if you have been injured and filed a personal injury claim:
- Medical Bills: With or without insurance, the cost of recovering from a catastrophic injury can be enormous. Medical care is essential to your health and to your recovery, but the cost of that treatment can cause many people to pull away from the care they truly need. A personal injury claim can secure you the compensation needed so you can receive the care you deserve following your accident.
- Long-Term Care: While some injuries are temporary, others are permanent and require a lifetime of 24-hour care. Paralysis and traumatic brain injuries can leave victims unable to function and complete day to day tasks without extra help.
- Physical Therapy: Muscles can take time to fully heal. For some injuries, physical therapy is an essential component of recovery and is a necessary part of your healing process.
- Lost Wages: While you heal and recover, you will likely be unable to work. For most families, this sudden loss of income can be devastating. You should not be faced with the threat of losing your home or your car while you suffer through an injury.
- Lost Future Earnings: Depending on the accident, you may be unable to return to your previous job or be unable to work at all. This lost earning potential can also be factored into your personal injury claim.
- Pain and Suffering: Not all injuries are physical. The mental pain and emotional suffering you endure throughout the accident and your recovery have a financial cost that can also be compensated for in a personal injury claim.
- Wrongful Death: When the worst happens, family members may be able to pursue compensation for a wrongful death claim to help cover the costs previously managed by the deceased. Though no amount of money can make replace a loved one, this compensation can help cover funeral costs and help a family maintain their lifestyle during this difficult time.
- Punitive Damages: In some cases, a law firm may pursue punitive damages to prevent the at-fault party from committing a similar act in the future
The amount of compensation you receive is highly dependent on the specifics of your accident and injuries. If you would like to know more, please contact our experienced personal injury attorneys at Injury Victim Lawyers to discuss your accident and find out if you have the right to pursue a personal injury claim for your injuries and losses. Call us today at (800) 245-2774 to schedule your free consultation with one of our lawyers.